To learn about The Fair Tax, read/view the following, in order:
Thumbnail Sketch of The Fair Tax
of Corporate Taxes by Thomas Wright
Plan to Kill K Street by George Will
Case for the 'Fair Tax' by Laurence J. Kotlikoff
Linbeck's submission to President Bush's Tax Panel
Plain English Summary of the FAIR TAX Bill
Federal, State, and Local public servants
U.S. Constitution on Taxation
Whitt's video explanation of The Fair Tax and Call to Action - This will
be updated as soon as possible
no such thing as a Fair Tax by Laurence Vance - These are popular arguments
against The Fair Tax Act of 2013 (H.R. 25/S. 122), but easily rebutted.
Here's how to make
the FAIR TAX, AS WRITTEN,
(Four to a page, open and print on cardstock)
Promo cards (Hand out
at events, and to everyone you meet!)
Our FAIR TAX Presentation Source Material
Support the FAIR TAX, AS
WRITTEN, at ALL levels of government.
The FAIR TAX Plan:
- Repeals all corporate and individual
income taxes, payroll taxes, self-employment taxes, capital gains
taxes, estate taxes and gift taxes. ·
- Imposes a revenue-neutral personal
consumption tax on only NEW goods and services at the point of final
purchase. Business-to-business transactions, used products,
education costs are NOT subject to the sales tax.
- Prebates the sales tax on all spending up to
the poverty level; the working poor are totally untaxed.
- Repeals the 16th Amendment.
Ramifications of the FAIR TAX:
- All your income will be tax-free, regardless
of the amount or source (wages, business profits, corporate profits,
investment profits, capital gains, social security check, pension
- The US WILL become the tax haven of the world
overnight literally. ·
- Business and capital flood into the United States,
increasing jobs, and reestablishing the manufacturing base.
- The prices of U.S. exports become more competitive on
the world market as embedded costs of the tax code are gone.
- Transparency every buyer of a good or
service in the US will be constantly reminded of the cost of
government (the sales receipt will expose it).
- All citizens will have CHOICE as to if, when,
and how much tax they pay based on spending habits (no more
- Citizens will pay no tax on necessities -
working poor are TOTALLY UNTAXED
- Underground economies will now pay their
- Tax base will be HUGE: every person on the
face of the earth buying anything at the retail level in the US will
be contributing to Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, the
- No preferential tax treatment.
- Since 10% of retailers collect 90% of current
sales taxes, compliance will be simple and the cost of collection
will drop dramatically.
- Social Security and Medicare are funded and
- Simple, proven, efficient, effective,
transparent, inexpensive, constitutional, and voluntary taxing mechanism allows no favoritism
(even a second-grader can understand it).
- Charitable contributions increase as does the
purchasing power of the charitably given dollar.
- The greatest transfer of power back to the
people since our country began. Why? Because when,
where, and how YOU spend your money is largely responsible
for determining the direction YOUR country takes.
"You cannot have political freedom without economic
freedom." - (paraphrased), Milton Friedman
"If you value anything more than your
freedom, you will lose your freedom and the thing more highly valued."
(paraphrased), Somerset Maugham.
operate on the 'rob Peter to pay Paul' principle, knowing they can
always count on the support of Paul."
(paraphrased), George Bernard Shaw.
"In order for
humankind to be the best it can be, humankind must be as free as it can be."
It does not require a majority to prevail, but
rather, a tireless, irate minority keen to set brushfires of freedom in
the minds of men. - Samuel Adams